Saturday, November 5, 2011

Open showers

I have long made it a standing point of only posting things that inspire me but in truth sometimes you have to define what it is you DON'T like in order to better understand what you DO like. So with that said, there is nothing I'm more turned off by then an open shower!



I'm all for open airy spaces but there is a time and a place for everything! When I'm in the shower I want to feel safe and enclosed not exposed! This picture below just kills me! Just finish up the glass wall people!



Sorry for all the exclamation marks. Clearly I'm getting all riled up, so I'll do what I normally do and post something I love.



I know, I know, it still LOOKS empty but in fact there is indeed a shower door which means I can bask in the steam from my shower. Now was that so hard of an addition?

2 comments:

  1. AGREED. I've stayed in hotels that have open showers and I can't even shave right because I'm freezing. When we remodeled our master bath we installed a clear glass shower and I asked them to make the glass go right up to the ceiling. We left a gap over the door large enough for steam to escape and put the exhaust fan right outside the shower door. That way I'm nice and comfy in the shower, but avoid mildew/mold problems from having it too enclosed.

    ReplyDelete