Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's personal

Architecture draws you in, but how we furnish our spaces encourages us to stay, and it get's personal.

Two rooms with very similar architectural elements.



To me, this makes sense. It looks warm and inviting, casual.

This, not so much. It feels forced and awkward, I love combining modern and rustic elements, but those chairs and table on that floor, it's cold.



I really cannot wrap my head around these. Though back in the 80's I vaguely recall using them in a high school interior design project. One maybe, but two?

Similar space, with modern pieces, but this feel's like a home. As a stylist you do what you need to do to get the shot and illustrate the story. Sell the lifestyle.


How about living a life styled personally for you and your family?


1 comment:

  1. I love the first photo, the exposed brick makes it feel so cozy...like a place you could sit with coffee and flip through design mags all morning...

    ReplyDelete